We are ALWAYS looking for new members. If you are a child in care aged 13-18 please get in touch. We hold an open evening every September. Or Clare who helps run the groups could come and visit you at home to tell you more about it. Come and have a try and see what you think...
Once you are a member you will:
- Meet new people and make new friends.
- Take part in fun and creative activites and go on trips.
- Make a difference to children and young people in care.
- Talk to other people in care and get their views.
- Get a £10 Meadowhall Shopping Voucher for each meeting you come to.
- Have a shared tea with the rest of the group in the break. (You get to choose things and go and buy it at the beginning of the session.)
- Get trained up in things you're interested in like training Social Work Students, interviewing new staff, going to national conferences and events with other children in care councils to share your ideas and writing articles for this website.
Contact our staff